Welcome to St. Matthew's Children’s Ministry. We are so pleased that your child is a part of our family of faith. I speak for all those involved with this ministry when I tell you that your child and their walk of faith are of the utmost importance to each of us.
Our major regular events are on Sundays for worship services at 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. and Sunday school for all ages at 9:45 a.m. On Wednesdays, we celebrate our Wednesday Night Live program that begins at 5 p.m. with a delicious catered meal. Then at 6 p.m., our children participate in choir and Bible study, while choices of adult programs are offered. Our pastoral staff also stands ready if we can help your child or family in any way.
If at any time you have any questions, please feel free to contact me in the church office at 601-856-9581.
Thank you for allowing us to share the love of Jesus Christ with your children.
– Jennifer Heath, Director of Children’s Ministries
The Children’s Ministry, as a ministry of St. Matthew's United Methodist Church, believes that each child is a child of God and should have every opportunity to develop physically, intellectually, emotionally, socially and spiritually to his or her fullest potential.
We strive to:
- provide a safe and nurturing environment for the children in our congregation as well as our community.
- create an enriching environment that serves as a support for not only those children involved but also to their families.
- provide a program which is based on Methodist theology as well as social responsibility.
- establish a warm, loving environment in which each child is given the opportunities to develop a sense of self-worth and to develop his/her own unique gifts.
- teach and exemplify a commitment to good stewardship in the areas of human resources, fiscal management, materials use and space utilization.