The St. Matthew's Leadership Council adopted the following foundational documents on May 18, 2010:
We are a family of faith, reaching out to share the life-changing love and grace of Jesus.
We strive to be a diverse body of believers who share common values that unify our efforts and define who we are.
- Jesus Christ is Lord. We have counted the cost of following Christ and have chosen to make Him the center of our lives.
- The Bible is the Word of God for the people of God. It is the authority by which we measure all that we do.
- Prayer is essential. As we communicate with God, our lives are transformed, our relationships are strengthened, and our discipleship is empowered.
- Worship is a celebration! Through many styles of worship, we celebrate our faith and all that God has given us.
- Generosity is an outpouring of our love for God. We joyously give because God first gave to us and all that we have ultimately belongs to Him.
- We are called to be in ministry. As God’s hands and feet serving in the world today, we are called to use our God-given gifts to serve the children of God and to bring glory to Him.
- Each and every human being matters to God. We welcome all in Christian love.
- We are to make Disciples. The Great Commission calls us to make disciples of all nations.
- We value healthy relationships. We support and nurture individual families and our spiritual family.
- We are investing in the next generation. Because of God’s great love for us and our love for God, we believe it is our responsibility to nurture, teach, and equip our children and youth to become disciples of Christ and then to make disciples for Christ.