We wanted to share with you a new worship opportunity, which will begin this Sunday at 5 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Starting this Sunday, August 22, we will offer a new mask-required service. This service will last approximately 30 minutes and will be a more casual service. Masks will be required for the entirety of the service for everyone except for those under the age of two.
If you do not have a mask or forget yours, we will have one for you to wear during the service. It has been our desire during the COVID pandemic to make sure that everyone within our church family has a place that they can fit in and belong, and we believe that with numbers rising as they are, this new service can continue that effort.
We would like to remind you of our other COVID protocols within this season:
- Masks are required within common space (narthex and hallways). We highly encourage all to wear a mask for all indoor activities and crowds, especially those unvaccinated and those over 65.
- Masks are required for students and children over age two, as well as for those who are volunteering within these ministries. We, as a church, seek to follow and support the guidance from our metro-area public schools.
- Masks are encouraged during our other worship services and other adult gatherings, such as Sunday School classes and other small groups.
- Online streaming of our Traditional and Intersection services is still provided for worship from home at www.stm-umc.org/live.
- If you or a family member is exposed to someone with Corona infection, please consult your physician regarding quarantine recommendations.
- We join with all our elected officials and encourage everyone who can be vaccinated to get the vaccine.
We hope that you will be able to worship with us this Sunday either in person (8:30 a.m. and 11:00 Traditional Services, 11:00 INTERSECTION, and our new 5:00 p.m. Mask Required Service) or online. Thanks for your continued support of the Kingdom through St. Matthew’s. We can’t wait to see you Sunday!